Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV- Lawyer- "Agency Payment"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV- Lawyer- "Agency Payment"

I did a DV to an attorney for LVNV back in August and finally received half of the validation.  They pretty much sent me photocopies of all of my previous bills with the OC (Best Buy).

I am fairly confident I stopped making any sort of regular payment back in '05, and maybe one or two late payments in Jan/Feb 06.  They are showing a July payment on the account as an "agency payment."

Someone please help me determine what this agency payment is, and how I can continue to fight LVNV and their pathetic ways.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV- Lawyer- "Agency Payment"

Is "Agency Payment" showing on the copy of the bills directly from Best Buy?

When did the CA get this account? Is the OC reporting a balance?

While I've never experienced this before, I have to wonder, if that is showing on the Best Buy account information, if that is not the payment received from the CA when purchasing the account, if they did purchase it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a DV to an attorney for LVNV back in August and finally received half of the validation.  They pretty much sent me photocopies of all of my previous bills with the OC (Best Buy).

I am fairly confident I stopped making any sort of regular payment back in '05, and maybe one or two late payments in Jan/Feb 06.  They are showing a July payment on the account as an "agency payment."

Someone please help me determine what this agency payment is, and how I can continue to fight LVNV and their pathetic ways.

Thanks 

where is this payment showing?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is showing in the section where they would normally show a payment.

Some of them say - check, -online payment.

The last payment made says -agency payment

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call Best Buy and ask them for clarifications.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.