cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Salute Visa by Urban Trust Bank..HELP!!!

tag
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

LVNV Salute Visa by Urban Trust Bank..HELP!!!

Can anyone tell me if Salute Visa issued by Urban Trust Bank was part of a FTC suit that Compu-Credit was involved in and if so what are the dates. I have a collection from LVNV for a Salute Visa that was under Urban Trust that was opened  08/07 and DOFD was 06/08..I dont have an issue paying the debt but when dealing with them through the BBB they state that this account was not a part of that case which they state is from 05. I'm simply trying to get it off my reports becasue I'm right smack in the middle of a home purchase (appraisal ordered today). I'm still ok score wise even taking the 20pt hit across the board but again...need this off. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IWOL
Established Contributor

Re: LVNV Salute Visa by Urban Trust Bank..HELP!!!

The Salute card is not referenced in the FTC order, however the card was serviced by Compu Credit.

I filed a BBB complaint and I referenced the FTC order and attched a copy of the order. I mentioned in the letter to LVNV that the Salute card was serviced by Compu Credit and that the original creditor had long complied with the FTC order and removed the tradline. I demanded that they comply with the order to remove the tradline or I would file complaints with the CPFB as well as the SC AG.

It took about 10 days for them to reply. In their reply they stated that they did not feel that their reporting of the collection was incorrect but that they would go ahead and delete the tradline anyway.

Message 2 of 9
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

did you have the service dates for that? they are trying to say compu-credit didnt service that trade line.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 3 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

What do you mean the srvice date?

The FTC order was issued in 2008.

I could not locate anything definitive to prove that that Salute card was serviced by Compu Credit but I found this on the web. You could includea copy of this in your complaint as well.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/perfi/credit/2008-06-10-credit-cards_N.htm

Just because LVNV is saying it was not inlcluded does not mean it wasnt.They are certainly wrong about the 2005 date, since the order was only issued in 2008.

Just file a new BBB complaint. Cite the FTC order that stipulates the removal of tradlines from consumer reporting agencies. Attache a PDF of the order and perhaps cit the relevant pages of the order. Reiterate that Compu Credit, the original creditor complied with the order and removed the tradline long ago. Demand that LVNV comply with the order in a timely manner and remove the tradline and cease all collection activity on this account. Tell them that you will fil complaints with the CPFB and AG if it is not removed.

If they fail to comply file a complaint with the CPFB and submit all this documentation.

Message 4 of 9
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

ok I sent it back off to them...will keep the forum updated on the results.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 5 of 9
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

OK!!! so better business bureau wants us to have a conference call today at 2:30pm after I sent the ftc order and the article over to them rejectintg the response for the second time. Can anyone assist in how I should approach this? Please note that they offerd me a settlement for 219.47 and would mark the bureaus as settled in full (not removed) I was also informed by them quote "it comes off in september so its up to me on paying it" I don't think so...not setting me up for a judgement!!! Anyway any assistance again would be greatly appreciated on how to approach this..please remember I'm about to go to underwriting as well, just sent the last letter of explanation and appraisal is tomorrow.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 6 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Is there there a dispute listed within that tradeline? If so the underwriter will make you remove it. I would settle in full with them and be done with it. Settled in full looks better to the underwriter then unpaid. Keep in mind fico scoring is affected during a mortgage approval as disputes on TL's can change scoring and won't give the underwriter a "true" score. 

Message 7 of 9
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

well that went well...NOT! they didnt really say much just repeated that their legal department told them it was back in 05 that the FTC order applied to...I said ok, I will let the consumer board and AG confirm that and get back to ya. So already filed with CPFB and about to do AG....will keep you guys posted.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, just wondering did you ever resolve this?  If you are still around then maybe you can provide an update.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.