Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Settlement Question

tag
tekguy2k1
Established Member

LVNV Settlement Question

Good Evening Everyone,

I am working on taking care of my collections and I only have 5 left.  I logged into LVNV to see my payment options as I don't want to call if I don't have to.  Under payment options, it has a pay in full which is 50% off which is labeled as a "50% discount".  Would this be the same as settled?  I won't have the money to pay until towards the end of the month, so if I need to call to ask, I don't want to until I have the 50%.  The only reason I am asking is if I can settle this one for 50%, I would be more than happy to do so.  I have included a screenshot showing what I see.

lvnv.png

Thanks everyone for you help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV Settlement Question

It would be noted as “settled - less than full balance” on your report and marked as paid.
Message 2 of 4
tekguy2k1
Established Member

Thank you for your reply.   I am ok with that at this point.  I have dealt with a few summons in the last few months and am just tired of getting them.  That is why I am more than happy to pay the 50% and put this one behind me.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't say "Pay in Full" , it says "Pay at Once". And it would be furnished as "PAID-Settled for less" . After that it would close account and report as zero balance; however, you can try and get them to PFD or see instead of "Settled for less if it could be updated as "Paid in full" . Whatever you do, always get it in writing for proof of your agreement with them. And if they won't delete, send goodwill letters after. There's many samples on here. Good luck! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.