Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV-Validated with wrong name

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV-Validated with wrong name

I got a letter from an attorney a month ago, and they eventually "validated" with a statement from LVNV that was notarized.

The statement lists a completely different company (the one they were to validate was HSBC they validated a Citibank account). The statement goes on to list a completely different name...different in every way from my first and last name.

At this point what do I do?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV-Validated with wrong name

They are morons. The attorneys who validate these accounts are notoriusly validating the wrong accounts.  Do a google search for that. Keep that letter. I'd tell them to try again, but be sure you don't help them out at all, let them do the homework. Hopefully they don't have the correct information!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take that back. DV them. Just the plain ole DV letter. Don't tip them off.  It sure would be fun to watch them try to validate a debt for the wrong creditor! Smiley Very Happy 

Oh and report them to the BBB, FTC and Attorney General. These guys are ruthless, they intentionally report false info., reage, report accounts open, etc. - the more complaints about them the better!

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-12-2008 06:14 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that's what they responded to the DV letter with. Essentially, it was a letter from LVNV stating they knew that the account was real- the typical crap that LVNV pulls. They got the wrong account and wrong name though when they sent the letter.

The attorney sent the letter- which confuses me, because he should have seen that the name was wrong and the account was wrong.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, that sounds on par for them. From what I've read the "attorney" isn't even there. The attorneys are part of another entity or maybe a branch of LVNV in some way. They never even see the files and this is not uncommon for them to do.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.