Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV advice and help needed

tag
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

LVNV advice and help needed

I know  there are a ton of threads associated with these guys and I have looked through a lot of them so I apologize for asking questions that may have already been answered.

I have LVNV on my Equifax report only.  I have no idea what this is for and there is not another collection associated with this on my report.  I have disputed this with all 3 CRA's and it was deleted from TU and EX.

They are reporting on EQ under Negative Accounts/Closed Accounts

Under Type of account is says Open

Creditor Classification as Financial

High Credit: $727

Credit Limit: $0

Balance: $1578

Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt buyer)

DOFD: 03/2008

This is going to drop off soon but I really just want it gone.  I'm not exactly sure why it is under closed accounts but says it is open.  I also don't really know what the creditor classification and the type of loan mean.  These are different from any other negative account I have had.

I just sent them a DV letter yesterday CMRRR.  I know they don't have to answer it because it definately isn't timely, but I figured it can't hurt anything.  They are updating every month as it is.  I'm not sure how EQ verified this when I disputed it but it was deleted from TU and EX.

Any advice on steps I can take or an explanation of the creditor classification and type of loan would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV advice and help needed

"Factoring Company", is a 3rd party Junk Debt Buyer trying to make themselves look like they are not a CA. They try to get away with breaking the FDCPA and FCRA rules that way - "We're a factoring company, not a CA so we don't have to follow the rules for CA's"

Basically, Factoring Company = sleazeball CA.

"Creditor Classification as Financial" I'm assuming means it was some type of charge card account.

Message 2 of 7
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Is it legal for them to report like that?  I'm not going to try to dispute with EQ since I already tried and failed.  Would this be a legit reason to file a BBB complaint on them?

Message 3 of 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@bkelly906 wrote:

I know  there are a ton of threads associated with these guys and I have looked through a lot of them so I apologize for asking questions that may have already been answered.

I have LVNV on my Equifax report only.  I have no idea what this is for and there is not another collection associated with this on my report.  I have disputed this with all 3 CRA's and it was deleted from TU and EX.

They are reporting on EQ under Negative Accounts/Closed Accounts

Under Type of account is says Open

Creditor Classification as Financial

High Credit: $727

Credit Limit: $0

Balance: $1578

Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt buyer)

DOFD: 03/2008

This is going to drop off soon but I really just want it gone.  I'm not exactly sure why it is under closed accounts but says it is open.  I also don't really know what the creditor classification and the type of loan mean.  These are different from any other negative account I have had.

I just sent them a DV letter yesterday CMRRR.  I know they don't have to answer it because it definately isn't timely, but I figured it can't hurt anything.  They are updating every month as it is.  I'm not sure how EQ verified this when I disputed it but it was deleted from TU and EX.

Any advice on steps I can take or an explanation of the creditor classification and type of loan would be appreciated.

Did you have a Credit One CC? I have LVNV on my report and Credit One was the OC that's listed. I disputed it and waiting for it to be removed as an early exclusion, but it's scheduled to fall off my report Jan. 2015.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 7
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

No I never had a credit one card.
Message 5 of 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@bkelly906 wrote:

Is it legal for them to report like that?  I'm not going to try to dispute with EQ since I already tried and failed.  Would this be a legit reason to file a BBB complaint on them?

Possibly. Here's what someone did in an older thread, but you'll have to find out which of your accounts they purchased.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/ByeBye-LVNV/m-p/1956781/highlight/true#M24844...

Hope this helps! 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 7
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Thanks for that information. I must have missed that before. I'm going to go through my old credit reports from when I started rebuilding and see if I can find out who the original creditor is and file a complaint.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.