Not applicable

LVNV & Midland Collections

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LVNV & Midland Collections

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys. New to the forums. Been trying to read through old posts to find an answer, but it seemed to elude me; sorry if this is a re-post of any kind.

Current score is being held to around 620. What is holding me back are two PAID, CLOSED collections with LVNV and Midland Credit (debts from HSBC and Chase, respectively). LVNV opened their account in March 2010, I paid it, was closed in May 2010. Midland opened in January 2012, paid it, closed December 2012.

Short version: What, if anything, can I do about these guys? If my math is right, they aren't due to fall off until 2017 and 2019. Ideally, I'd like to make something happen before then. Would the GW letter-writing approach do anything here? Is PFD out of the question?

Any and all help is much appreciated. 

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

You would use the GW letters, a PFD only would be used if the debt wasnt paid off. Here is the GW thread  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You are apparenty calculating the expected exclusion dates based on the date the collections were opened rather than the DOFD on the OC account.

Upon what are you basing the stated exclusion dates?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Credit report exclusion of a collection is no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency on the OC account.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds to me like you might be weak on the positive side of the equation. What are you current positive accounts?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.