cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV and Portfolio Recovery-RESCUE ME SOMEONE :)

tag
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

LVNV and Portfolio Recovery-RESCUE ME SOMEONE :)

Okay guys. I need help.....I tried a GW letter to Portfolio and they agreed to delete off my credit report. I have a letter from them saying they would do this. I did an online credit dispute and they updated as SETTLEMENT ACCEPTED ON THIS ACCOUNT. I called Portfolio and they said they show in there system that this was deleted. Now what do I do?? Can I fax this letter to Equifax or what??

Next issue is LVNV.I have an account which shows SETTLEMENT ACCEPTED ON THIS ACCOUNT. I tried a GW letter with no response. Does anyone have any email address of anyone that works there that I can beg and plead to personally? I tried sending to the LVNV address and received nothing Smiley Sad Another issue is the Capital One Account is showing as Charged Off Sold to Creditor, but LVNV is the creditor. So in essence this 1 Crap One account is showing twice on my report.

I am proud to say that I have raised my point 80 point since January!! I still have a long way to go though.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide me Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV and Portfolio Recovery-RESCUE ME SOMEONE :)

Last year Portfolio Recovery deleted a collection account I had with them, I was sent a copy of the universal data form at my home, this is what is sent to the credit bureau for deletion of an account, did you recieve this form?

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 7
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

I have a letter from Portfolio stating they will report the universal data to all 3 agencies to delete.....but they did not do what they said they would do. Therein lies my question........now what?? Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

just came across this with antoher ca and TU. check your date of report make sure you are seeing the new report..simple things first.

If so, I would call the CRAs and ask them if they are showing it deleted. TU swears they sent me an email to refresh my report for free and I didn't get it..after talking to rep she advised she showed them deleted. I was given a free report and they are gone.

The old, by a couple of days, report I was initially looking at was not showing this.

Message 4 of 7
mocha76
Contributor

Hi FSUGAPEACH,  has your Portfolio Recovery been deleted from Equifax yet?? Mine was deleted from TU within a few days of them telling me they had submitted the request to all three bureaus.  I haven't checked EQ lately but I was thinking that I should get an alert with a score increase when it does come off.

CH13 BK discharged 4/17 Starting Scores 4/17 EQ 579 TU 502 EX 504 9/17 EQ 662 TU 640 EX 670

NC SECU/$1,500, Lowe's/$1,000, Capital One QS/$750
Message 5 of 7
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

Nope not yet Smiley Sad 

We are now pushing 30 days since the date of their letter! I'm still also trying to get a contact email from someone at LVNV. So frustrating!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio came of EX and TU for me within the week. EQ took about a month to fall off. It all depends on when they update.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.