Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV --- how should I handle this?

tag
RocketChick
New Contributor

LVNV --- how should I handle this?

I have LVNV reporting on my CR, doing the usual, reporting themselves as a Factoring Company which we all know they are not and also reporting the account as an Installment loan that is 120 days late. They are also reporting my last payment to them as $105, which is extremely untrue. I have never paid these people a dime! I paid the OC back in like 2008. They are reporting a 120 day past due balance of $946. They also added an additional $11 last month to the amount, I am assuming that must be some sort of interest charge or something. I have never had any contact with them, except recently. When I noticed them on my CR back in June this year, (mind you have they have been reporting on there since June of 2009 and not once have I been contacted ) I called to find out who they were bc I never opened an account with them or applied for any installment loans. I thought that it was a fraudulent account. Now they posted a comment on the TL "Collection Account, Account info disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements" I know that them listing themselves as an open installment account is destroying my scores right now and I get angry when I think about it.

My question is how to handle this. I've been reading for the past few days on the Forum on the different ways that they have been dealt with, so I have an idea of my options.

I do plan on filing a complaint with the BBB bc their business practices are outrageous, and them listing themselves as a factoring company when we all know is untrue, but also them listing themselves as an open installment account that I have with them. I never opened an account with them or did I make any payment agreements/ arrangements or anything! How can you list that but then also on the same account state that it is a collection account? How are you still adding charges to a COLLECTION ACCOUNT?! How do you have late payments on a COLLECTION ACCOUNT?!

But my question is, do I need to go all out on the 1st attempt? Do I go the BBB route along with the FTC and AG complaint and also file a dispute w/ the CRAs and send LVNV a letter/email?

Or is it best to just start with the BBB and if I don't get the response that I want, then file the complaints/disputes with the FTC, AG and CRAs?

Thanks in Advance

( Sorry about the long post, I  wanted to get all the details in there lol)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV --- how should I handle this?

@RocketChick wrote:

I have LVNV reporting on my CR, doing the usual, reporting themselves as a Factoring Company which we all know they are not and also reporting the account as an Installment loan that is 120 days late. They are also reporting my last payment to them as $105, which is extremely untrue. I have never paid these people a dime! I paid the OC back in like 2008. They are reporting a 120 day past due balance of $946. They also added an additional $11 last month to the amount, I am assuming that must be some sort of interest charge or something. I have never had any contact with them, except recently. When I noticed them on my CR back in June this year, (mind you have they have been reporting on there since June of 2009 and not once have I been contacted ) I called to find out who they were bc I never opened an account with them or applied for any installment loans. I thought that it was a fraudulent account. Now they posted a comment on the TL "Collection Account, Account info disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements" I know that them listing themselves as an open installment account is destroying my scores right now and I get angry when I think about it.

My question is how to handle this. I've been reading for the past few days on the Forum on the different ways that they have been dealt with, so I have an idea of my options.

I do plan on filing a complaint with the BBB bc their business practices are outrageous, and them listing themselves as a factoring company when we all know is untrue, but also them listing themselves as an open installment account that I have with them. I never opened an account with them or did I make any payment agreements/ arrangements or anything! How can you list that but then also on the same account state that it is a collection account? How are you still adding charges to a COLLECTION ACCOUNT?! How do you have late payments on a COLLECTION ACCOUNT?!

But my question is, do I need to go all out on the 1st attempt? Do I go the BBB route along with the FTC and AG complaint and also file a dispute w/ the CRAs and send LVNV a letter/email?

Or is it best to just start with the BBB and if I don't get the response that I want, then file the complaints/disputes with the FTC, AG and CRAs?

Thanks in Advance

( Sorry about the long post, I  wanted to get all the details in there lol)

AG is slower than BBB, but I would do both to be honest..

you have a solid plan of attack I think -- but I would hold off on any CRA disputes, and any FTC stuff until you see the resolution. I never even heard back form the FTC, but I suppose I shouldn't have expected that...

I filed with the following:

BBB of Upstate South Carolina
408 North Church Street, Suite C

Greenville, SC 29601-2164
Phone: (864)242-5052
Fax: (864)271-9802
Email Address: info@upstatesc.bbb.org

And

S.C. Department of Consumer Affairs

3600 Forest Drive P.O. Box 5757

Columbia, SC 29250-5757
1-800-922-1594

www.state.sc.us/consumer/

The SC Department of Consumer Affairs was slower, and the response I got from them was 'LVNV has indicated they have responded to your BBB complaint' so I don't know if it was really needed, but I did it anyway.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/An-apparent-LVNV-success/m-p/1275063/highligh...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
RocketChick
New Contributor

Re: LVNV --- how should I handle this?

@ rckstrscott  Thanks alot for your input. I did read your post on how you dealt with them also, but I wasnt 100 percent sure of the steps I should take, since I did speak with them on the phone. I wasnt sure if that changed anything.  I am filing my report with the BBB  today!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.