cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV now being collected by First National Collection Bureau

tag
austinrb1

LVNV now being collected by First National Collection Bureau

Over the last 60 days, I placed a DV to LVNV for a debt they purchased from Lowes.  It is a real debt I owe.  They validated, so I went for a PFD request 30 days ago.  Today, I received a settlement offer from First National Collection Bureau as they are now collecting on behalf of LVNV.

How should I move forward?  They will not report for the next 30 days as per the letter.  Do I pfd with them, or settle?  Really confused on how to get this monkey off.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: LVNV now being collected by First National Collection Bureau

So was LVNV ever on your reports?
Message 2 of 14
austinrb1

Yes. They are reporting the debt as theirs
Message 3 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ok you need to send them another dv asap since they have sold debt. You want them gone. In the meantime send a modified pfd to First National asking them to agree not to report if debt is paid.
Message 4 of 14
austinrb1

Even though they are collecting on behalf of lvnv?
Message 5 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well if that's the case,why are they giving you 30 days before THEY report? That's really weird and I wouldn't chance it. Last thing you want is two collection agencies reporting for the same acct.
Message 6 of 14
austinrb1

That's why I'm confused. So, pay this Collector with the confirmation they will not report and then GW Lvnv?

By the way, thank you for taking the time to respond to my posts
Message 7 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

That's what is so confusing. Sounds like two DIFFERENT collection agencies. Contact LVNV and ask who this First National is. Have they sold their debt to them or are they collecting on their behalf? I have never seen this before.
Message 8 of 14
austinrb1

The letter from first national says they are collecting on behalf of
Message 9 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Get letter in writing from First National that they won't report paid collection(many will do so). I would first dv LVNV to see if they remove. If they don't, gw. Geez I have never seen two CA's tag team like that. SMH
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.