Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV out of business?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV out of business?

Hello!

I'm a new member and ready to take control of my finances.

I pulled an EQ report on Friday and found LVNV servicing 2 HSBC cards as well as a Sears card.

I recently received a settlement letter for one of the HSBC cards through Source Receivables Management. I was a bit thrown as SRM was nowhere listed on my CR. I called the company to ask why both HSBC cards have the same exact balance -- $681. I assumed perhaps SRM was another name for LVNV.They were only able to find one of the HSBC cards as being held by them. They also had the incorrect settlement offer in the account ($340 instead of $272).

I then dialed LVNV's (866) 464-1183 number from my CR and was transferred to the Customer Service... I inquired about the charges on my CR and was advised I called the wrong #. I explained the phone # along with the company name LVNV was on my CR and the representative told me "That company is no longer"...

So who do I speak about about my accounts??

How do I find out what collection agency now holds my debt?

Thanks in advance!

Subtlemess (My debt was brought on in a subtle way but it certainly is a mess)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV out of business?

Oh, I'm sure Resurgent still has it...they probably just shoved it to one of their many, many companies.

EDIT: Resurgent is the "parent" company of LVNV, and has probably called on SRM to do their dirty work for them (aka "servicing"). They haven't sold it or else SRM would be reporting.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

Now I'm wondering if I didn't just get a lazy representative close to quitting time because I called back and offices are now closed. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 4
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I just paid LVNV in February, so I can't imagine they've gone too far!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.