Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV reared their ugly heads

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV reared their ugly heads

I have been working on my credit repair for almost a year. Just three days ago I was finally approved for Barclay and a capital one quicksilver card Smiley Happy Today I pull my report as usually and I be a SOB if LVNV didn't add a previously deleted collection to my experian report!! I go to experian.com to dispute it and I can't pull my report, dispute or anything. I called experian and they  can't give me any answers otowhy I can't pull it. According to them they cs an do is file a complaint. UGGGGG

I am to the point to where I just want this off my report. Has anyone had any luck with getting them removed? I filed a dispute online with Experian, but they seem to verify all debts. I just wan't to crawl in a hole.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV reared their ugly heads

I don't know anything about LVNV (except they are a PIA), but lots of people have had success by filing a BBB complaint in conjunction with others.  For some reason CA's seem to care about their BBB rating, which really makes no sense to me.  Just a thought.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea where I go to file that complaint? I got no notice or anything from them? Anyone have a sample complaint?

Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If this was deleted for cause then they would have had to supply compelling evidence to the CRA as to why it should be re-inserted and if the CRA allows it they must then notify you that it has been done. Disputing of valid debts is not advocated by My Fico and disputing can lead to many unforseen problems worst of all is if the deletion is not successful the derog info i updated and the status date comes current dropping your Fico score if it had not already been updating monthly already.

What is the DoFD of this account?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only date I can see is March, 2015. I know it was previously deleted in November 2014 because Credit Karma shows everything that was deleted. It is only 236.00 and I have the money to pay it, but if it wasn't validated why should I? I can't fet my FIco score because I am unable to pull my report, but I am pretty sure my experian score is in the toilet once again.

Message 5 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reinsertion of previously deleted information is controlled under FCra 611(a)(5(B). and applies only to situations where the prior deletion was the outcome of a dispute under the FCRA that was not verified.

If the prior deleiton did not occur as the finding in a prior dispute,then the debt collector is entitled to simply report as usual, with no special requirements for prohbitits.

Was the prior deletion stated, in a Notice of Results of REinvestigation from the CRA, to have been deleted by them due to lack of verification?

If so, then the debt collector was requried to have provided an accompanyng Cerrification of Accuracy along with their reporting, and the CRA would have to have accepted that Cerfification before they could reinsert.  The requirment for a pre-certificatin applies to any party requesting reinsertion, not just the party whose prior reporting was deleted.

If they reinserted, then they were required to have sent you formal notice of their reinsertino within 5 days.

If the reinsertion qualified for need for the Certification and the CRA did not send you notice of the reinsertion, then the CRA was in violaiton of section 611(a)(5)(B).

Otherwise, the reinsertion was proper without any special processing or requirments.

What was the stated result of the prior dispute, as set forth in the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're entire post was disrespectful and totally unnecessary.

If you can't be civil then move on to the next topic.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator.

Message 7 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

{Edited}

I know a large amount of federal law knowledge (FCRA, FDCPA) and info on states laws. I suggest you look it up in the FCRA. You seem to have nothing postive to say ever and I resent your implication that I am a shill for the Fair Isaac Co or the CRAs. I also suggest you refer to this sites TOS, the disputing of valid debts is not to be advocated, it is information imparted to a user to help them avoid a TOS violation. I suggest that your comments in any thread be Friendly, Supportive and Respectful in the future. If you have nothing good to say move on and if you dont like what I have to say you are free to take it up with a mod or admin. Have a good evening Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
srchick
Regular Contributor

dustin31g: Since you are a relative newbie to Myfico, may I suggest you do a little more comprehensive reading here on the forums.  If you do, you will immediately find the advice given by gdale6 on a multitude of questions/situations re credit issues to be "top notch".   In addition, you will find multiple "thank yous" given to him for solutions to otherwise stressful situations.  I for one value the advice I've gotten from him as evidenced by my progress noted in my signature.

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed a dispute with Experian and it was deleted. Equifax and TU verified the debt as mine. I filed a complaint with the BBB and today received a letter that they are closing the account and it will be deleted from my credit report in 30 to 45 days!!! YES, Winning Smiley Happy 

I lost 60 points on TU and Equifax...............I wonder if I will get those points back?

Should I dispute them again or wait for them to have it removed? I am a very impatient person. LOL

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.