Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV's reply to my complaint to BBB

tag
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

LVNV's reply to my complaint to BBB

Below is the reply LVNV gave to BBB. What should I do?

Resurgent did not provide validation of debt in response to Mr. XXXXX’s January 20, 2009 request due to the fact that his letter requested that we cease telephone contact with him.  Accordingly, this account was placed in a cease status, which resulted in no further contact, written or otherwise, from Resurgent.  

We respectfully deny Mr. XXXXX’s allegation that his rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) have been violated.  Per the Consumer Data Industry Association (“CDIA”) Metro 2 manual, factoring company is defined as “a company or individual who purchases accounts with the intent of collecting debts owed.”  Therefore, the term is accurate in this situation.

In most cases, creditors charge off accounts once they are 120 days or more past due/delinquent.  The statement “120 days past due” is generally how a charged off account is defined by the credit bureaus.  Due to the account being charged off, the bureaus still report it as 120 days past due.  This comment is added by the bureaus to further define the account; therefore, this statement cannot be altered.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV's reply to my complaint to BBB

Hi Chanduwar,

I don't know the full history of your dispute, but if you've sent two DVs, waited the appropriate amount of time for a response I'd do the following:

1. File a complaint with the FTC
  2. File a complaint with your state's AG office (include their incriminating response to the BBB & a copy of your original DVs)
  3. Send a demand for deletion letter to the CRAs reporting. Include a copy of your DV requests, the green cards, and the CAs incriminating admission that they did not validate (highlighted), and reference your FTC & AG complaint numbers in your demand for deletion. Make it clear that you are not requesting reinvestigation. Wait 45 days for them to delete. IF they don't delete (see #4)
  4. Contact a consumer attorney to file suit against the CA for violations of the FDCPA, and the CRAs that did not delete under the FCRA
Message 2 of 4
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Hi LiMirth,

This is exactly what I am doing.

This is the reply I got from BBB, and wondering what to reply.

Still waiting on FTC and AG of South Carolina to investigate.

Message 3 of 4
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

@Chanduwar wrote:

Hi LiMirth,

This is exactly what I am doing.

This is the reply I got from BBB, and wondering what to reply.

Still waiting on FTC and AG of South Carolina to investigate.

I received the same response and but I was told to call the lady listed in the letter.  They also told me I had 45 days to respond.  What was your outcome of this?  I'm still waiting to hear from the AG's office in my home state as well as theirs.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.