Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV

Okkkkk....so I filed a complaint with the BBB and I am still waiting to hear back from them. But I also disputed them with the CRA and I checked my Experian today and they are gone, Equifax responded back from the dispute and they have deleted them. I'm just wanting to see my TU report but I am having trouble getting it. I did check CK but I saw no change in score and they are still listed under accounts. LVNV apparently brought the charged off account. Now that they are deleted how do I resolve the acct? Should I contact the OC? Will someone else pick up this account? Both accounts were set to fall off 4/2014. TIA

Edited: Should I contact the BBB and let them know its been resolved through the CRA? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
TrishN
Established Contributor

Re: LVNV

CA agreed to delete it out your CR. do you have a letter said so? Second you send that letter to OC they will not delete. Only GW can make a chance. if you paid , I think maybe,but if un-paid but just disputed and it gone. Then OC  will not delete. Why don't you ask yourseft . If you are OC what will you do when you received this letter?

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once you filed a dispute with the result being deletion of the collection, it cannot be reinserted by any party without including with their reporting the now-missing verification of its accuracy, so if picked up by another debt collector, they have a hoop to jump through by first providing per-verification.  Not a assurance that it wont be reported by another debt collector, but if it is, challenge their reporting if the CRA does not provide you notice that they have reinserted based on the provision of the required pre-verification.

What prior reporting was made by the OC?  Apparently a charge-off?

If the OC sold the debt, they are out of the picture, and any deletion of any reporting they made would require a request for their good-will. 

Difficulty in obtaining GW deletion is usually higher if the OC has taken the prior step of considering your debt uncollectible, but give it a whirl.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You ^^^ Yes, it was a charge off. I will try contacting OC and see what happens. 

Message 5 of 9
MikeC80
Valued Member

How did you file the dispute with the bureaus? Paper mail, online, fax?

Let them eat cake.
Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

So I take it this account was not paid?  If so, then yes, a new CA could pop up at anytime.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the dispute online. They are gone from all 3 CRA and I had a 7pt jump on CK today. 

Message 8 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

7 points.  Not bad.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.