Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV

I was making payments on a DMP to pay off collections (which was necessary to obtain my job). I cancelled the DMP because it was too expensive to keep up with. One of the collection agencies sold the accounts to LVNV eventhough the payments were being sent to them. Now LVNV is trying to collect stating that my last payment was made this year. They claim they purchased the account in Dec 2015 but the old collection agency was accepting payments until March 2016. I am sure the SOL has restarted so is it best to make arrangements with LVNV or contact the old collector?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV

I'd contact LVNV and verify just to be sure. If they took it over, I'd make the arrangements with them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone gotten LVNV to settle?
Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the prior owner has sold the debt, then they can no longer accept payment against the debt.

If you are sure the debt has been sold, then the obligation passed to the new owner, and you are now under obligation to them and have no option.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the old collection agency has been accepting the payments and I'm assuming passed them on to LVNV bc they have the last payment date. The old collection agency and the orognial creditor removed themselves from my credit report after I reported them but LVNV will not budge.
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It appears that the prior debt collector agreed to pass on payments after sale of the debt. 

If LVNV now owns the debt, they can certainly attempt to collect unless they are under some cease collection bar.

Any payment issues should be directed to them.

My cocnern would be whether you are in formal breach of contract.

You cannot unilaterally cancel a contract.

If you are in breach of a repayment plan agreement, then LVNV can sue as the current owner.

Do you have a formal repayment agreement?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through Greenpath and they asked for a certain amount of money each month and they distributed it to my creditors. I never contacted any of them myself or signed anything with them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.