Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land of Credit Redemption (Journal)

tag
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

May 12, 2014

It has taken several years just for me to break in the 600's. Every year I have tried there has been some life changing event that leads to a setback. This year has been very different though and Im grateful.

I currently have 5 positive tradelines showing on my reports. However, recent attempts at CLIs have forced me back in to repair mode. I have a CO showing on my credit reports from Calvary Portfolio Services. I was going to wait for it to fall of my credit report next year but I have decided to really push them to accept a PFD. I just sent one via e-mail. I desperately hope it reaches someone who has the authority and willingness to accept the PFD. 

I know removing that collection is a significant key to raising my scores. I have been rejected for CLIs, the shopping cart trick doesnt work for me, and the 7-10 message has greeted me more than once. I know its time to repair and wait. 

Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I called Calvary this afternoon and found out that the account has been transferred to Northland Group. Northland Group is not reporting on my credit reports. A PFD is void with a company that isnt showing on my reports, so what do I do?

Do I dispute Calvary? Do I call the OC? Im at a brick wall.

Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 2 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE: HELP! Land of Credit Redemption (Journal)

Okay... I will just assume that no one has any information they can offer at this time. 

I contacted the BBB about Calvary reporting on my account despite the fact they no longer own the debt. I considered disputing it with the CRA's themselves but everything I have read in the forum states that Calvary is notorious for validating a debt even if they no longer own it. I'd love to know how they can just do that with the CRA's with no investigestion but I guess its "all business."

Im not going to get discouraged. Just going to keep pushing forward. 

While Im awaiting a response from the BBB, I will tackle another baddie. Hoping I can pay them and GW it off my report. 

Message 3 of 42
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@AFreshStart wrote:

I called Calvary this afternoon and found out that the account has been transferred to Northland Group. Northland Group is not reporting on my credit reports. A PFD is void with a company that isnt showing on my reports, so what do I do?

You can do a modified version of a PFD, pay if they agree not to report.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@AFreshStart wrote:

You can do a modified version of a PFD, pay if they agree not to report.

I will definitely try that option, thank you Shogun.

I paid a CO for a different company in full, in hopes of goodwilling that item off my report. It's DOFD is in 2018, but Im hoping to remove it much sooner. Im getting nervous waiting for next months score update. I really need to get closer to the 650 zone. I just feel to close to the 500's at the moment.

Message 5 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I just sent a GW letter to Capital One for the lates on a secured card that I had in 2011. I was going to send the letter to the Executive Office but decided to send it to the regualr office first. We will see what hapens. Im hoping for great results.

Baddies:

Aarons: DELETES 4/2017 $153 PAID (Sent goodwill today)

Arthur State Bank: DELETES 5/2016 $240 UNPAID (Going to try PFD again)

Bank of America: DELETES 11/2015 $574 UNPAID (Sold to collections trying to handle that aspect, have no idea what to do about OC)

Capital One: Lates on Report (Goodwill sent today)

Message 6 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I recieved a call from a Capital One manager who says that she will gladly remove the three lates from my previous account. Smiley Happy I had made on time payments for months before that and the fact that I have a new account with them seemed to help tremendously. I am beyond grateful and glad that I took the time to make contact with them Saturday.

Now I am just awaiting a response to my goodwill letter from Aarons. ::fingerscrossed::

Message 7 of 42
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Happiness just went to ??? The manager called me back to inform me that she couldnt not handle it herself because of how far back it was (2011). She is sending it to the credit departments and hopefully they will handle it. If they cannot, I am to contact her again and we will go from there.  My fingers are still crossed. This is a minor setback.

Message 9 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Todays toughest challenge is trying not to apply for anything else. My goal is to garden but I am itching to apply to see if I get approved. I wish it wasnt even on my mind honestly.

I dont know how people commit to the garden for six months or longer. I am trying to just block out the desire daily. 

I dont have the score for the cards I am interested in, so I need to just use my time to research the cards I intend to apply for in the future. I will go pay down the balance on my Walmart card today, so the statement post appropiate utilization. Im trying to keep in my mind it's not a race. I want to be in the 700's by the end of the year but will accept 675 will no complaints. 

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.