cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land of Credit Redemption (Journal)

tag
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE: HELP! Land of Credit Redemption (Journal)

Smiley Very Happy I got an email from SW saying that a change had been detected. I was very nervous but surprisingly my score had gone up. I recently paid an old Aarons  CO and sent a GW letter asking for a tradeline deletion. They did not delete the tradeline. Instead they removed the charge off and now the account shows paid as agreed! My score jumped up 22 points!!! 

I hope more positive news is on the way. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 11 of 42
ontheupswing

Congratulations! I too have a hard time waiting in the garden for the tradelines to delete. I understand the itch!

Message 12 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I tried for a Walmart CLI today, no go. I know you that you are supposed to wait for for the fouth statement to cut, but I was feeling hopeful. Oh well. The fourth statement cuts in July. I hope they will give me a credit line increase in July. Id like to be able to get my children a proper swingset for their summer birthdays.

Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 13 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I spent the early portion of the afternoon paying down this month's credit card balances. I am currently at 17% of my total credit. Im planning to pay them down to 6% before their statement dates.

My FH card is sock drawed because they refuse to give me a CLI and Im not going to bother to try and maximize the 250 limit they gave me. I need to show a balance on my Victoria Secret and Walmart card every month, in hopes of getting a CLI. My BOA and Cap1 card I can PIF every month as long as I show some usage. 

The app itch has subsided. I know I need a higher score to get the cards I want. I am desperately going to try ad wait until July to pull my credit reports again, unless something major changes. I have to keep reminding myself time is my friend.

Message 14 of 42
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Is your fingerhut installment or revolving? 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 15 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

My FH account is a revolving account.

Message 16 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I tried to contact BOA about pulling back the CA from my credit reports but the CSR nor the manager understood what I was explaining to them. I guess I will have to search the internet for a BOA higher up to try and make that action happen.

Meanwhile I am awaiting the next results of the Calvary BBB complaint. They are reporting on my credit report but The Northland Group is the one sending me debt collection letters. Its a whirlwind cleaning up this mess. I fully promise to not place myself in this position again.

Message 17 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Good News: The Calvary collection is "currently" gone from my credit report! I received a SW alert saying my score had gone up but the reason didnt make sense, so I pulled a report. "You have no collections." Smiley Happy (Please dear God let it stay off.)

??? News: The manager at Capital One added the description of "consumer dispute" to the account. SW said this was helping my account but I do not believe that at all.

I guess the next move is to GW Capital One again and hope something positive actually occurs. I that the manager stated she could remove the lates and then could not and then added a dispute description. That isnt helpful at all. 

The score is slowly climbing to the 700's Smiley Happy Here is hoping for better tradelines in the near future. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 42
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I was approved for the Discover It Student Card Smiley Happy

Yes, I pulled the trigger. I pulled my credit report yesterday so I knew my collection was gone, and my utilization was showing at 2%. I figured I had a shot and Im glad I went with my gut instinct. Im not going on an app spree as this was the primary card I had interest in. I just want to keep working on scrubbing my credit report and allowing my acounts to age. 

It's amazing what can be accomplished in thirty days, I cant wait to see what can happen in a year's time.

Message 19 of 42
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Discover!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.