Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lanier Collection Agency, Great Customer Service !! YMMV

tag
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

Lanier Collection Agency, Great Customer Service !! YMMV

So i was looking at my scores, and noticed EQ was way lower then others.... been doing some digging.   Lo and behold, I had a medical collection that hit my EQ report in Oct 2013 that i had never received a statement from the OC or the CA in regards to.  This was from Oct 2012. 

I recognized the OC and the dollar amount from my insurance EOBs as one I had not seen reconcilled yet.

Great, I messed up, and Missed one, right? WRONG!.  the OC And the CA had the wrong mailing address for me listed on the account, which explains why i did not get any statements from said bill.

Called the OC to see if they would recall the debt, and allow me to pay them, or if they had sold the account.   They said i had to talk to the CA. 

I called the CA, Lanier Collection Agency, and spoke to a very nice CS agent.  She was helpful in looking up to see if i had anything else with them, and went over my payment history with them from previous years... all were paid in full, except one!..

I verified my address with her, and she admitted they had the wrong address on file for me.  I immediately offered a verbal PFD, and they accepted it, citing the miscommunication of address as a valid reason to delete the account from my CR. 

I pulled my Eq report tonight, and the collection is GONE!.. YAY... so i get to call them tomorrow and pay the bill Smiley Happy ... 1 baddie down, 12 to go...

Now I hope scorewatch will alert me to an up arrow tomorrow or Monday at the latest... lets see what happens!..

::: dancing a jig, still gargening, sober, and having a wonderful time! :::

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Lanier Collection Agency, Great Customer Service !! YMMV

Congrats on your success 

Wooo Hooo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.