cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large score jump, should I expect another when cc reports $0 balance?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Large score jump, should I expect another when cc reports $0 balance?

My husbads EQ FICO on 3/10 was a 511. We had a FP cc that was charged off around may of last yr and the balance was like $368, we settled and paid $272 feb 11, on 3/10 I got a score watch alert his score went from a 509 to a 511. Fast forward to March 22, I got an updated score power report and his score had gone up to a 558 from a 511. Nothing else had been done to his credit since the 2 point increase on march 10th. The FP card is reporting a $96 balance instead of a $0 balance and settled. FP said they werent updated of the payment or something for them to have updated his CR to put the card as a $0 balance and settled, but they obvioulsly reported the payment cause the card is reporting a $96 balance now. So when they report the $0 balance and settled next month, should we expect to see another score increase? We saw a 2 point increase when it went from a $368 to a $96 dollar balance. I have no clue how he got the 47 point jump, but i'll take it!! Just wondering if we should expect to see an increase going from a $96 balance and it reporting negatively, to a $0 balance and settled.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Large score jump, should I expect another when cc reports $0 balance?

no one has experience paying a cc down to a $0 balance and seeing or not seeing a jump?

Message 2 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

The 47 point jump was probably because of his util dropping to a more reasonable level.

When the balance reports $0, you should see another small jump but as always, YMMV.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 7
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Kind of makes me mad it didnt go straight to a $0 balance, probably wouldve gotten a bigger jump. Thanks, hopefully we see another jump, even if its small.

Message 4 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Kind of makes me mad it didnt go straight to a $0 balance, probably wouldve gotten a bigger jump. Thanks, hopefully we see another jump, even if its small.

My Cap1 and FP paid CO's did the same thing. It actually works into your favor so don't sweat it.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 7
TrishN
Established Contributor

not sure when you paid down to 0 balance score will go up. i let my balance reported 6% score higher than 0% util 

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 6 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Trish,

These are CO accounts.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.