Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Baddie about to drop...

tag
tjmolly
Regular Contributor

Last Baddie about to drop...

I had a CO on a BoA CC from 4 yrs ago.  I just settled for less than total due and they should be reporting this to the CRAs soon.  Given the age of the CO, should I expect much of a change in my score once it shows settled? It would be my last "active" baddie on the reports.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Last Baddie about to drop...

Paying the collection is great but it needs to be removed. I suggest sending a GW or calling to get it removed, hopefully you will get someone that is nice enough to remove it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it doesn't get removed it may actually drive your score down a bit it's like waking a sleeping giant so to speak.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reporting of paid is considered a postive notification that the debt remained delinquent up to the point it was reported as paid, and thus will increase, not decrease, the negative impact of account delinquency.  Thus, as stated above, you may see a score decrease based on the updating of the account to show the extended delinquency.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.