Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last baddies 2 paid CO's HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last baddies 2 paid CO's HELP!

The last 2 baddies on my reports are 2 paid charge offs. First Premier Bank and Verizon. I need these off!

I have written an email to FPB's President. They responded and asked for my current address. That was two weeks ago. As of the 17th they put a dispute on the reporting. They were reporting incorrectly sense I paid them last June, and reporting differently across all 3 beaurus. I asked them to cease all negative reporting and remove the TL.

Verizon was paid in February and still reported late last month and with a balance. I started a dispute with them as well through the beaurus.

What can I do from here? If they come back verified do I have another option? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Last baddies 2 paid CO's HELP!

You can certainly dispute any inaccurate reporting, but a dispute relates only to the correction, verification, or deletion of that specific information.

If  a furnisher corrects any disputed inaccuracy, the issue of credit report deletion does not arise.

Paying the debt is not basis for deletion of a legitimate charge-off or collection.

The proper process is to request good-will deletion.  Filing disputes will correct inaccuracies, but dont usually build a feeling of good-will.

I would pursue GW requests before cleaning up minor inaccuracies.

Message 2 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

How are they reporting incorrectly? As for Verizon, if you have proof of payment send it to the bureaus. As for removal, GW letters are the only option now.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

FPB was reporting me late all the way up to March of this year on 2 beaurus and showed a balance on one. Verizon had a balance on 2 of the 3 beaurus and reported me late after PIF. Of course their removal would be amazing, but the lates are horrible, it shows I was late last month when FPB was paid off 10 months ago. When Verizon showed a 0 balance only on EX it jumped my score 13 points. I need all the points I can get.

I will try the GW letters. I tried PFD on Verizon because I know I didn't owe the amount they said. Oh well,
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.