cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last collection account dropped of equifax!!!

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Last collection account dropped of equifax!!!

I had one paid collection left on equifax and checked my full report today and it was gone. It wasn't supposed to be gone until October of this year so I'm glad to see it gone. I only have 4 negative accounts left on equifax and experian and 5 on transunion. Weird thing is that my transunion has the highest fico score lol.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Last collection account dropped of equifax!!!

@undrtkr65 wrote:
I had one paid collection left on equifax and checked my full report today and it was gone. It wasn't supposed to be gone until October of this year so I'm glad to see it gone. I only have 4 negative accounts left on equifax and experian and 5 on transunion. Weird thing is that my transunion has the highest fico score lol.

Congrats! Did you receive a Fico score boost? 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 6
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Congratulations to you!!! Hopefully you will see a nice credit score bump.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 3 of 6
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

It actually went down 12 points but that's because my credit card reported a higher balance. But I'm glad it's gone anyway.
Message 4 of 6
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Well congrats anyway! 

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird thing is that my transunion has the highest fico score lol

If the accounts are close to seven years old, the harm to your score from serious delinquency is limited, while their contribution to your average age of accounts is greater.  In addition, the FICO algorithm may not actually distinguish between 4 or 5 defaulted accounts.

In the short term you may actually see a score drop on Equifax as well when the next deletion occurs.

In the long run, as more deletions occur they will contribute heavily to score improvement because the serious delinquencies put a ceiling on the score you can achieve by getting all of the other factors right.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.