Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last collection removed

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Last collection removed

Since February, I've had incredible success with GW letters to all of collections agencies, with the exception of CPA.  I was only able to get 1 of 2 CPA accounts removed, and to be honest, I'm not sure which method was successful with that particular one.

Well, my CRs have only 2 derogs reporting: 1 repo from 2007 and 1 paid-collection from 2009 (CPA for Comcast).  Comcast simply stated that they could not remove it, as it was valid, etc.  Well, I remember when I actually just called CPA one day earlier this year, the collection agent who picked up just said "Send a letter in stating that xyz is wrong, and we'll remove it.."

I thought to myself; "that's a bit to easy", so I just went about my day.  Well, last week I drafted up two letters. One your typical GW addressed to exec offices to CPA and the other being a dispute letter.  I sent out the GW first.

Well, fast forward to just a moment ago, and I get a SW alert about a change to my file, and subsequent score increase from 642 to 653.

Logged into USAA CMS and low and behold, no more CPA account on all 3 CRs.

BAM!  That only leaves me with this quite pesky repo that is not to SOL until later this year, and continue to report for another 2 years.  Oh well.  It's progress that I will take!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: Last collection removed

Congrats!
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks!

Hopefully people will see the value in GWs and that they actually do work.  You just never know, until you draft one up, and send one out.

Message 3 of 6
sge760
Contributor

That's been sort of my approach.  I write a letter to the collection agency after it's been paid for and I owe them nothing.  I dispute the account and say I have no knowledge of it, and they delete it.    I figure if they come back and say it's mine, then I can begin my goodwill efforts Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Repo, do you use a format for your GW? I'm going to need one for Payliance and FPB after they are paid off (payliance is from 2006 and FPB from 2007 so both are very old)
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:
Repo, do you use a format for your GW? I'm going to need one for Payliance and FPB after they are paid off (payliance is from 2006 and FPB from 2007 so both are very old)

I draft my own up. I do not use the same one multiple times.  Here's a copy of the most recent one, sent to CPA.

Company Name

Ms/Mr.. xyz- Executive Administrator
Their Address
Their Address
Their Address

Re: (Account name/number)

Dear Mr/Ms. xxxxxxx,

I’m writing today with hopes that, through an act of Goodwill, that you may consider removing a paid-collection for $231 from the 3 Credit Bureaus.  I know I made my bed with this debt and I’ve been working diligently to right my wrongs, as most do, once they realize how negatively impacting bad credit can have on every aspect of one’s life. I recently became engaged, and of course she is talking about home ownership in the near future, as we’ve been together just over 4 years. I want to provide her that opportunity, but there’s no way to get good rates, even with collection accounts that are paid-in-full.

This trade-line have been showing for about 3 years now respectively, and I could hope for nothing more than some leniency, so that I can move on and start my credit life over again.

If for any reason you need to contact me for any additional information, please do so. My information is below.

Again, I want to thank you very much for your time today and hopefully, for your forgiveness.

Sincerely,

(Your signature)

Your name

Your address

Your address

Your number                

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.