Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last question - need advice please

tag
Judilynn
Established Member

Last question - need advice please

I'm working to get the last baddie off my report.  It's a Brighthouse collection and I did get an email from them on Friday that they had escalated my request to upper management and that they would call me Monday.

I sent this email to them:

Will it be possible to get this account removed from collections once the equipment is returned and the service balance is paid?  I truly did not mean to let this go in to collections and would like to have it removed from my credit report by Brighthouse.

Again, thanks so much for your assistance with this.

And got a respsonse that included this:

Once the equipment has been received and verified as being in proper condition by Bright House, the charge should be waived automatically. If you have any problems with this, do not hesitate to contact us again so that we can ensure the balance is withdrawn from collections. I hope this has been helpful!

When I called to pay and have it deleted, they said they couldn't do it.  So I sent another email that included the correspondence above stating they would.  I then got the reply that it had been escalated and upper management would call me.

If they refuse to delete it when I talk to them tomorrow, do I have any recourse since I do have in writing that they would?  
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: Last question - need advice please

@Judilynn wrote:

I'm working to get the last baddie off my report.  It's a Brighthouse collection and I did get an email from them on Friday that they had escalated my request to upper management and that they would call me Monday.

I sent this email to them:

Will it be possible to get this account removed from collections once the equipment is returned and the service balance is paid?  I truly did not mean to let this go in to collections and would like to have it removed from my credit report by Brighthouse.

Again, thanks so much for your assistance with this.

And got a respsonse that included this:

Once the equipment has been received and verified as being in proper condition by Bright House, the charge should be waived automatically. If you have any problems with this, do not hesitate to contact us again so that we can ensure the balance is withdrawn from collections. I hope this has been helpful!

When I called to pay and have it deleted, they said they couldn't do it.  So I sent another email that included the correspondence above stating they would.  I then got the reply that it had been escalated and upper management would call me.

If they refuse to delete it when I talk to them tomorrow, do I have any recourse since I do have in writing that they would?  

First, I want to wish you luck in hopefully getting this removed. Here is the dilemma. If there was a service balance due, they are under no obligation to remove it, and the correspondence they sent you back seems to me that they are referring to the charge for the equipment (which will be removed without any issues therefore nothing to report. But they are not speaking about any service past balance.  I hope they do remove it, and please keep us posted. Would love to hear the success.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 2 of 5
Judilynn
Established Member

Hi - thanks for replying Smiley Happy

I read the letter from Brighthouse as saying that once the equipment was returned, the charges for that would be waived and the balance would be withdrawn from collections.  That's what I'm hoping they will do when I talk to them.

Message 3 of 5
superdad
Regular Contributor

I hope they remove it for you but the way i read it.  It tells me that once its returned they will update the CR as a paid account.  I dont really see anything that says they will remove it from the CR.

Message 4 of 5
Judilynn
Established Member

Hi:

Thank you for replying!

I'm just wanting them to withdraw it from collections so that I can pay them instead of dealing with CPA.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.