cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Charges Credited to Account, Will That be Reflected on Credit Report?

tag
kayla027

Late Charges Credited to Account, Will That be Reflected on Credit Report?

So, I called Walmart/GECRB a couple days ago and got them to remove the late charges! I had two thirty day lates, and they removed them due to an error on their end (I think Smiley Wink).

I just checked my account, and over $70 has been credited back. Does this mean that this will be reflected on my credit report and the two thirty day lates will be removed? Walmart won't update until the middle of the month for me, but I'm anxious. 

On another note, I got a letter from GECRB today in the mail saying they investigated the two late charges and found them to be accurate. But, they already removed the late charges!

Could this be a miscommunication?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Late Charges Credited to Account, Will That be Reflected on Credit Report?

It is best that you call them to verify. 

I wish I could tell you, but they're giving you mixed messages and that's really confusing.

They might have removed the late fees out of courtesy, but the late reports might stay. 

Call them and find out. That's going to be the best solution.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.