Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Payments.

I have to TON of late payments for an auto loan that is currently paid off and closed. only about a year old as far as the lates go.   Could really use some tips in how to improve this account.  the lates were def my fault but am obviously looking to rebuild.  GW letter is a no go.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Late Payments.

Are the lates 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 120 days, 150 days?

A ton of lates does that mean you were late every month?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had a series of delinquency.  When I got stationed overseas, i left the car in the states. At some point while I was there my authorization for autopay was cancelled. (dont know why) anyhow, they couldnt get ahold of me until i was 120 days late and called my parents to attempt a repo. I contacted them from Italy and paid the outstanding balance and they never repo'd the car.  then in the middle of 2012 I had financial diffuculty and went 90 days late.  I was just hoping there was a magic trick to try and get the lates removed since it is closed and paid in full.  We are trying to get a mortgage and the lates are killing us.

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Who did you send the GW to?  I would start at the top of the food chain.  Explain what happened.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, the kicker is that when i finally traded in the vehicle for a much older one to help with finances and lower payment the dealership went out of bussiness and never paid off the car.  so it went into a charge off status.  i got that removed after having to get a letter from the CEO of the finance company.  but the lates are still there from before because i was told they are accurate.

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

not really, they are pretty sick of dealing with me after everything.  i guess i could email the CEO??????  Im sure he would love that. haha

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Hey, I would.   All they can say is no. 

I agree...

At this point you have nothing to lose and hopefully a heart to gain some sympathy.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.