Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late child support payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late child support payments

Hi,

I was going through a tough time by not working and had my child support delinquency rack up.  Unfortunately this left a huge negative credit history on my credit record.  I finally bounced back and payed off all my past balance.  Anyone have luck trying to get the child support agency to remove the negative marks on the record?

It doesn't show a balance, it shows every single month that you missed which is almost a paragraph.  Wish it didn't have to be like this.  Anyone have luck

trying to get them to erase it?  I'm trying to buying a house so any less negative markings would be great.

Any suggestions would help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Late child support payments

I've read where the OP paid and the OC deleted it.  I don't know if they asked or not.

You can always contact who is reporting and ask if they will delete it since you are up to date.  No guarantee but it won't hurt to ask.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late child support payments

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I was going through a tough time by not working and had my child support delinquency rack up.  Unfortunately this left a huge negative credit history on my credit record.  I finally bounced back and payed off all my past balance.  Anyone have luck trying to get the child support agency to remove the negative marks on the record?

It doesn't show a balance, it shows every single month that you missed which is almost a paragraph.  Wish it didn't have to be like this.  Anyone have luck

trying to get them to erase it?  I'm trying to buying a house so any less negative markings would be great.

Any suggestions would help!

A lot depends on your state and, at times, which county is handling your case.  Some states will remove the negative after you have been brought current and remained problem-free for a certain period of time.  Others hang you out to dry.

Contact your local CS Enforcement Unit.  If they can't help, ask if credit bureau reportng is done statewide by a centralized unit or done on the county level.  Then find out how to contact them and give it your best try.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.