Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late fell off equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late fell off equifax

Are there any major creditors (Chase, Amex, etc.) that use Vantage based scoring rather than FICO that you know of? Thanks!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Are there any major creditors (Chase, Amex, etc.) that use Vantage based scoring rather than FICO that you know of? Thanks!

As far as I know no major lenders use vantage score. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard Chase does...if no one used them why would they exist?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Because it takes a long time to update software across multiple products and even if they have the upgrades ready (unlikely), creditors are unlikely to adopt a new model unless they feel it is better for them and is more competitive to obtain and retain customers.

There are probably even more business reasons to not switch to certain models than just the ones I know of as a software engineer.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Like I said no major lenders I know use it, didn't say no lenders use it. There are some lenders whom use it but only way for sure to know who uses vantage score or any other scoring model is if they tell you what they used (which is usually done by getting a denial letter). I can tell you at least in IL where I live and have applied chase, bank of America, capital one. Amex, Citi, discover, credit one, Merrick bank, synchrony bank and comenity bank and probably some others I forgot about applying to all use Fico scores (again I know from denial letters). Also almost all pull TU here except amex (ex), discover (eq, ex) and comenity mainly pulled eq. Hope this helps as a data point. Like i said though there are some lenders whom use vantage score just none I know of.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.