Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late pay removed from Equifax but not the two others

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late pay removed from Equifax but not the two others

Quick one for you guys, I have been using Lexington Law ( I know, shame on me) but they have actually been helping in the two months that I have been using them. I just recently got an alert that they removed four items from my Equifax . My question is since they were removed from my Equifax would it be easy to get them off the other two? Or does that play no part in it? Obviously Lexington drags their feet by doing one report at a time, and I subscribed to their service before I ever found this place. I am getting more and more comfortable every day with the way things work thanks to you guys and will be getting rid of Lexington soon.

So quick recap....Items removed from Equifax only....What is the best easiest way to get them removed from the other two?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Late pay removed from Equifax but not the two others

You need the details of how it was removed from EQ.

More specifically, did you file a dispute with EQ, and was the dispute formally resolved by receipt of a Notice of Ressults of Reinvesitigation??

If so, did that Notice state that the delinquency was deleted by the CRA due to lack of verification, or did the creditor simply report a voluntary deletion to EQ?

Obligation of a creditor to report the deletion to other CRAs would only arise if they clearly acknowledged that they could not verify, and that was the basis for the deletion.

Otherwise, you would need a separate resolution by each CRA.

Message 2 of 4
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

If Lexington Law just disputed it there is huge chance that it may come back. Lexington Law doesn't have the authority other than to dispute.

I would suggest you discontinue using their services. TU will remove them if it's 6 months from the drop off date. EX can remove it if it's 3 months from drop off date. You got lucky with EQ but there is no guarantee that it may not pop-up on EQ again unless EQ decides to drop it off.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Whether or not Lexington was involved in the dispute should have no affect on its resolution if the dispute was filed with a CRA.

The provisions for either deletion by other CRAs or reinsertion after deleiton by a CRA are the same regardless of whether the credit repair organization filed on your behalf.

The issue is how the deletion came about (i.e., a CRA deletion as the outcome of a dispute vs. voluntary deletion by the creditor via a goodwill request).

Credit repair organizations cannot file direct disputes on behalf of a consumer (FCRA 623(a)(8)), but can file disputes via a CRA.

They can also make informal requests for good-will deletions.

What did they, in fact, do?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.