Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment reports - experts please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payment reports - experts please

I am sure you get this question a million times.

Generally, can late payments be removed from CR????? especially if they are recent  - 1 month to 6 month ago.  I have a few accounts that have been late at least twice this year on a few accounts. 

If they can come off - who should be contacted first?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Late payment reports - experts please

Read Credit Scoring 101, plus check out some of the threads in "Frequently Requested Threads", which is stickied at the top of many of the forums.

Moved to Rebuilding Your Credit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sec - is the late payment accurate?  If so, it can be reported for 7 years from DOFD.   If it is not accurate, then you should dispute it with the CRA's. 

IS it accurate or not? 
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunetly, it is accurate
Message 4 of 7
rpg
Established Member

I asked for late payments to be removed from old accounts that were closed but still reporting on my credit reports and vs. deleting the late payments via a GW letter, they deleted the entire entry completely.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

rpg - who did you ask?  CRA or Chase?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the problem with GW'ing old closed accounts. Hopefully you didn't lose too many points from losing the account.

rpg wrote:
I asked for late payments to be removed from old accounts that were closed but still reporting on my credit reports and vs. deleting the late payments via a GW letter, they deleted the entire entry completely.

When you have accurate late payments, the only option is to send GW letters to the creditor reporting the lates asking them if they'd be willing to make a GW adjustment and remove the lates.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.