cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment wrongfully posted to credit

tag
michaelstep

Late payment wrongfully posted to credit

Back in October 2009 I filed for bankrupstcy.  When I filed I was told to stop making payments.  I had never been late on anything enough to post to credit (30+ days late).  In fact, I've only been late to any degree a few times by mistake.  If I was ever late, it was just a few days.  I noticed two things when I looked over my credit report today.

1.  One of the credit cards included in bankruptcy showed a late payment as early as June of that year.  Again, I was NEVER late on anything until I was told to stop making payments in October of that year.  My job had been cutting hours all year long, and I ran out of my reserve, so I filed bankrupcty before my credit was ruined by late payments.  My score actually went up due to how much credit card debt came off. Now, It is randomly showing some late payemtns, then on time, then late again unto bankruptcy.  Does this affect credit now years later since the account was included in bankruptcy?

2.  The more concerning issue is a wronfully posted 30 day missed payment on my mortagage account.  I reaffrimed it when I filed bankruptcy.  The odd thing is that the missed payment is posted in April of 2011.  It only showed up on Experian.  I reported it to Experian.  I got a reply, but I really didn't understand it.  I figuredi would check it out after a month or two.  I pulled my credit today, and see that now ALL THREE reports show a late payment in april.  What do I need to do?  Call Chase and get them to report they were never late, or dispute with each credit company?

I don't have any proof now, and the online account only goes back to 2012.  Does this late payment, now 4 years old, effect my score enough to fight it?

Thanks,

Michael

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Late payment wrongfully posted to credit

Have you filed a formal dispute, asserting the alleged delinquency was after your BK filing?

Message 2 of 3
michaelstep

Re: Late payment wrongfully posted to credit

Yes, I formally filed a dispute with Experican.  They were the only one that showed the late payment at that time.  When I checked back a few months later they all three showed the late payment.  My wifes credit doesn't show any late payments on the same account.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.