Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payment

Quick question about a recent check on my Trans union credit report. It shows a recent late payment under the area that shows you the negative and positive things effecting your score. After looking over my accounts there's nothing showing late. I have not missed any payments for over four years and recently purchased a home. How do I dispute this if I can't even find the account that shows a late payment???

Thanks,

Richard

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Late payment

Do you have any lates?  Mine shows that too & the late is almost at the 7 year mark!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am confused.  How did you see a late payment that was not posted to a specific OC account?

Kinda impossible.

There is no way to dispute a reporting with a CRA unless you can identify the OC.that reported it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused as well. I have no late payments. When you purchase a score from here it takes you from page to page explaining how lenders see you,the accounts, and what to do next. I'm sure I dont have that in the right order but its in the area that shows you your positive and negitive things effecting your score. (kinda like how it all weights out/ or balances out) One of the items showing on the negative side is a recent late payment, 2 months ago...however when I go to my accounts listed I can NOT find any lates...nothing. I know I have had NO lates for the past four years ....so what grounds do i have to remove it if I cant even find where it is coming from. All I have to go on is the info on the page that shows items effecting my credit score. The "rencent late payment" only shows up on TU. I'm just lost on what to do to get this info off my report when there's no way for me to find the account and dispute it.
Message Edited by Richard on 10-14-2009 09:57 AM
Message Edited by Richard on 10-14-2009 09:58 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds stupid, but since you aren't sure, couldn't you call Transunion and/or MyFico and ask them about being confused over a suspiciously late account? I'd imagine they could at least tell you the name of the payment that they claim is late.
Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Third-party reports like from myFICO, truecredit, creditchecktotal, and others don't show the entire history on their reports. You'd need to pull directly from the CRA to see the full 7-yr history.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to have to try that.

It was under the area called "Understanding your score" and this is what is posted and all I have to go on.

You recently missed a payment.

Your most recent late payment happened
2 Months ago Most FICO High Achievers  , about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

If you missed a payment, your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, your last missed payment happened recently.

What to do about this: If the late payment on your credit report is valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history so that your last missed payment will have less of an impact on your score as time passes.

Thats the only info showing anything about a late....nothing more in my credit report shows lates payments.

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Richard wrote:

I'm going to have to try that.

It was under the area called "Understanding your score" and this is what is posted and all I have to go on.

You recently missed a payment.

Your most recent late payment happened
2 Months ago Most FICO High Achievers  , about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

If you missed a payment, your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, your last missed payment happened recently.

What to do about this: If the late payment on your credit report is valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history so that your last missed payment will have less of an impact on your score as time passes.

Thats the only info showing anything about a late....nothing more in my credit report shows lates payments.

If this is the late in question, then the full 7 yr history won't help. The late happened 2 months ago. If you have no lates showing from two months ago then look for any CO accounts on your TU CR. Whenever a CO account updates, and many do automatically, FICO will make a special mention about that. Look for any CO accounts with an updated or reported date of 8/2009 (assuming the report in question was pulled this month).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.