Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payment

Hey guys It's been a while since ive been on here but i've run into a pretty big bump along the road. I've come back from a 480 score more or less to bringing it up to a 680 in the matter of like 1y and 4 months. This past month i accidently paid a CC with my wrong canceled card. I finally realized it when i got a call from the CC company (first premier) I finally gave the payment with the right account and i see that they posted a 30 day late on my account. When i would check my FP count online it showed paid on an ok date... Now my score has gone back to a 585 Smiley Sad Can anyone advise me of any I can do? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Late payment

Call them and very nicely explain what happened and ask (even more nicely) if they will remove the late payment notation. If you've had a good payment history with them they might just do it. All they can do is say no.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats very true.. Ive had the card for about 14 months and have never been late. Hopefully they can help me out. It says on their site that I should Fax them an explenation and they would contact me.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Can you clarify the specific dates?

A late payment does not necessarity equal a 30-day late reported to the CRA.

A payment is late one day after the billing due date, but does not become reportable to the CRA until 30-days past the billing due date.

So, what was the billing due date, and what was the date it was paid?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The due date was OCt 10 and i paid it on the 8th but with the wrong bank account. The website showed the payment had posted. It showed posted but i still gave another payment because i realized I paid it with the wrong account. I gave the second payment on Nov 22

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The due date was OCt 10 and i paid it on the 8th but with the wrong bank account. The website showed the payment had posted. It showed posted but i still gave another payment because i realized I paid it with the wrong account. I gave the second payment on Nov 22

Whether this is a payment made after the due date and is being charged a late fee or if it's a true 30 day late you will still need to contact the creditor and ask that it be removed. However a 30 day late is much more serious and will hurt your score whereas a late fee will have no impact.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.