Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payments to College Foundation

tag
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

Late payments to College Foundation

As I mentioned in a previous post last week, I missed several payments on my school loans after they went off deferement 5 years ago.  I am getting ready to send GW letters to College Foundation to see if anything can be done about these late payments since they are now deferred and have been for the past 4 years. Does anybody have any experience getting college foundation to delete late payments or does anyone has dealt with them has any insight as to how I should proceed?  Thanks in advance

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payments to College Foundation

I sent a GW letter last week.  I'll let you know what happens.

Have you heard anything?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payments to College Foundation

I recieved a response back, and basically they were not able to remove my lates.  The letter reads:

We recieved your inquiry regarding your education loan(s).  Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We have reviewed our reporting to the national credit bureaus with regards to your loan payment history with CFI.  We found no error in reporting any of the times we have reported your loan payments as past due. We regret that we could not offer a good will correction.

I will not let this stop me.  There's bound to be a "Yes we can help" somewhere.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.