Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payments

Is there a time limit on the effects of a late payment I have 11 late payments when I first had my student loan it's been almost 3 years since then but I still have another five to go before I'll be finished with the payments also if I pay off the loan Will the late payment still show thank you
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Late payments

Were they staggered 30-lates, or were they progressively higher levels of delinquency?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressively higher. I dropped out a Couple of times. I have like 2 6 month blocks of late payments
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the student loan was private, the delinquencies will become individually excluded no later than 7 years from their dates of occurence.

If the student loan was guaranteed or insured by the U.S. government, the monthly delinquencies will remain past the normal 7 year exclusion date if they remain delinquent.

Delinquencies above 60-late are considered major derogs, and will continue to have a substantial scoring impact until excluded or deleted.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.