Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payments

I started using a credit management company to pay off all my credit cards. I realize that this can affect my credit in a negative way. My problem is that when I started checking my credit report the credit company made late payments to my creditors when I first started with them. I haven't made any payments to my creditors since signing up with this company. I never had a late payment on those accounts prior to using this company. Is there any way to fight this issue and have the late payments removed since it was not me that made the late payments?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payments

Short answer is no. I rocked the boat with citibank one time and they turned one of my debt management accounts into a charge-off and immediately demanded payment. I guess the customer before me ticked them off so she said MMMMHMMM we can change agreement terms anytime we want and destroyed me pretty bad. Do not call in. Get stuff in writing.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Late payments

You gave authorization to them to act as your agent, so legally you were the party who did not pay on time.

You may be able to pursuade creditors to grant a good-will deletion based on the facts, but the post referred to "fighting" the reporting of lates.

I would not advise any disputes or other forms of confrontation. 

That may act contrary to sympathy required to grant a GW deletion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.