Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late pays

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late pays

I have some late pays from 2012 when I wrecked my vehicle. Insurance didn't cover the entire outstanding balance, so on top of the payment for the new car, I had to pay off the old loan balance which took several months. I noticed that that time period is reported as late pays. Is there any chance of contacting them and having those late pays removed via a GW letter? I'm working at fixing my credit so we can buy a home in the near future. I'm tired of living the apartment life. Thats just one issue I need to work on...

Norm

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Late pays

Welcome to  the forum 

Yes many have success with GW's 

Were they in fact late or is this an reporting error?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late pays

Technically, yes, they were late pays, because with the new loan (and different loan company) I could not afford to send them the normal payment amounts. The amount was not huge, about $700 (2 1/2 regular payments), but I had to work at it for about 4-5 months to finally pay it off. I'm not even sure how bad these are hurting my score being 2 years old.
Would have been nice if they would have rolled it into the new loan, but for some reason they would not do that. I don't recall why.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.