cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late start, but here we go! I need some serious advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late start, but here we go! I need some serious advice!

Ok, i'll start of with the usual, ive been a lurker for a while on here, and finally got the courage to spill my guts and ask for help... I have some serious issues on my CR's that, yes some of them are my doings, or lack of doing is more attiquite, and some are completly opposite. Ill start with the ones that I think are the most important.

(1) I currently have a tradeline reporting from Citi (AAdvantage MC), SYNC (Walmart MC), and one from AMEX (Gold Rewards). All of which are being reported as me being an authorized user. First, the Citi, this card was my fathers, he kept it in the top drawer of the dresser, and other than pulling it out to throw it out when a new card came in, it got used maybe all of 1 or 2 times a year. It was a relativly low CL of 2,800. Someone managed to get access to the account, and went on a spending spree in Denver for a week. The card would hit the 2,800 limit, then they would call in, make a payment on a bogus account, Citi issued instant credit for the payment, and then it would get maxed out again. This repeated to make the total, after the payments returned, and Citi caught on, to the tune of 11k. After OVER A YEAR of fighting with citi disputing the charges, the only thing they have done is send it to a collections agency, I was added as an AU 14 months ago. It never appeared on my report until the month they charged it off this month. Dad is working with his legal team at his employer, but still a mess. I have disputed the account with all 3 CB's, and pleaded with citi to remove it from my CR as I was just an AU that caught in the middle. Nothing has worked. Ideas?

(2) Walmart MC. Also now being reported as a derog. A close friend of mine and his wife added me as an AU when they allowed me to use the line to finance a purchase. I paid my obligation in full to them, I honestly didnt think much more of it until it showed as a derog, over CL a year later when they were divorcing. Similar issue, begged and pleaded, to no avail.

(3) Amex- Now this one is one that more than anything is just making me furious. The account, in full, is a FRAUDULANT account. I don't know how or why my info got added as an AU to this account, but it did. As of right now, it is still showing as pays as agreed, but that  will likely change with the next update. I have called amex DOZENS of times to get help. The answer I keep getting is "Who is the primary acct holder" to which I reply "I have no idea". They tell me that without that info they cant validate me or the account, and to have the primary call. This endless circle has been going on for a couple months now. I have called every phone number I can find for AMEX, from EO's to Serve customer service. What do I do? Oh, also, on my CR, it shows "Dispute resolved; customer disagrees"

Okay, I know that is alot, but there are just a few more things I need advice on:

(4) When I was in the Navy, I was transferred to a different duty station, where Sprint did not have service. According to the SCRA, I am not obligated to pay any termination fees, ect in that event. The agency that is handling that account basicallly called me a liar that there is service there. I have submitted verification of my location and active duty status at the time with no responce.

(5) After transitioning from the Navy back to civilain life, I fell on really hard times, and the vehicle I had financed with a small CU in Washington, repo'd my truck. After auction, I still owed about 12k. They filed a civil suit, but after a year and a half I belive it was, they had not pursued the claim and the judge dismissed the case. On the order it states is was dismissed and all pending claims are null. It was ordered that all writs, judgements, final orders issed by the court (which the only judgement was dismissal) were to remain in full force. It was never officially reported as a repo. CR just shows past due closed account. What do I do to remove this from my CR? Can I ask the judge to write an order to have the negative removed?

(6) I fell into the trap of the 130% APR, loan store installment loans. I had lines with at one time 4 of them. Thankfully, the state I live in does have pretty tough regulatory standards, so I was able to afford them... MOST of the time. Everytime I needed extra money, I would foolishly go and refinance the note at one of them. Over the course of 3 years, each had been refinanced about 3-4 times. Every time I refinanced, they opened a new tradeline with the CB's. I had a few 30/60 dings here and there. They are sitting beyond the 24 month "hurts you" time frame, but It is KILLING my average account age horribly. Is it worth asking for GW's to have them condenced or deleted, and risk them reavtivating, or just live with it?

(7, last one, I promise) Back in 2012 I was in Vegas on leave, and just my luck, I was a victim of an armed robbery. I took a knife injury in the side, and was taken to the ER of course. I was active Navy at the time, and was assured by the billing department that they would handle the claim with tricare. Then I get a credit monitoring alert that a new derog in the amount or 29,000 was being reported. I have literally been fighting this for the past 4 years. I FINALLY found out that the state of NV has a program called "victim's of crime" and they bascially use their funding to help people in my situation. As I said, this was in 2012. It is still reported monthly, and is completly destroying my Debt to Income. The "VOC" people are still reviewing my case, and because it was so long ago, they say it could take several more months to get an answer. Does anyone have ANY suggestions.

Okay i'm done. If any of you actually read this to the end, please let me know. I will overnight you a cookie for putting up with my poor decisions. I do have a couple other dings here and there that im in a position to get resolved. I have had 2 derogs PFD'd but it seems like if anything good happens or I get taken care of, my score just drops further into the abiss...

Thanks for taking time out of your lives to read this, and I will accept any suggestions with great thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Late start, but here we go! I need some serious advice!

The Citi issue should be pretty easy - have them remove you as m AU and the account should just vanish from your CR along with all of the history
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.