Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates and BK...confused?? Plead advise

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Lates and BK...confused?? Plead advise

@guiness56 wrote:

I looked in the Credit Reporting Guide as to how an account that was delinquent prior to a BK had to report.

They say the most critical piece of information is the Consumer Information Indicator (CII).  That is a code that indicates a special condition of the account.

So, for an account that was delinquent prior to the BK, it will be reported with code A, which means it was included in a Chapter 7 BK.  And the date will be the filing date.

As for the balance, it can show a balance because it is IIB.  One or the other has to happen, IIB or a 0 balance.  If it shows a balance, the fact it is IIB renders it uncollectable.

@guiness56 - I am so glad you pushed me to figure this out and second guess the info I had received. Well, after a complaint to the BBB and the CFPB Wells Fargo, B of A, and Kay Jewelers who have all REFUSED to update to IIBK many times updated.....Now they show IIBK and I gained 20 points on my ScoreWatch alert this morning. Happy start to my monday for sure.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

I looked in the Credit Reporting Guide as to how an account that was delinquent prior to a BK had to report.

They say the most critical piece of information is the Consumer Information Indicator (CII).  That is a code that indicates a special condition of the account.

So, for an account that was delinquent prior to the BK, it will be reported with code A, which means it was included in a Chapter 7 BK.  And the date will be the filing date.

As for the balance, it can show a balance because it is IIB.  One or the other has to happen, IIB or a 0 balance.  If it shows a balance, the fact it is IIB renders it uncollectable.

@guiness56 - I am so glad you pushed me to figure this out and second guess the info I had received. Well, after a complaint to the BBB and the CFPB Wells Fargo, B of A, and Kay Jewelers who have all REFUSED to update to IIBK many times updated.....Now they show IIBK and I gained 20 points on my ScoreWatch alert this morning. Happy start to my monday for sure.

Glad to hear this! 

Message 12 of 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Glad to hear this! 

Now I need to tackle the same 4 on Transunion :/  Really don't think it should take a complaint to CFPB to make things report correctly, but I am willing if that's what it takes.  

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

Just to keep the issue updated, TU did not respond the same way. They sent a generic response to my CFPB complaint saying they didn't understand what I was disputing... smh, I responded with a dispute that I think a 2 year old could understand. I will let you guys know what happens!
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 14 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ugh Scupra... Please do keep us updated!!! I've sent off another round to EQ... TU is about to get nastySmiley Happy ill keep you advised on that blood bath lol!!!Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.