Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates and No Data

tag
SteelCityPride
Valued Member

Lates and No Data

I'm trying to help my girlfriend out and am looking at her credit report and have a question. I understand the lates falling off after 7 years and start the first reopr in the continious months of lates but what if there are continious lates and a few no data months sprinkled in? Will the continious lates drop off stop and restart or will the ND's be included and not break the contniuos lates?

Thanks in advance

Jan. 2017 Fico 8 - low 500's
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lates and No Data

Each monthly delinquency becomes excluded no later than 7 years from its indvidual date of occurence.

Lates in a continuous string do not all become excluded based on a first delinquency in the chain.

Date of first delinquency applies ONLY to the exclusion of a charge-off or a collection, and not to monthly delinquencies.

Message 2 of 3
SteelCityPride
Valued Member

Re: Lates and No Data

Thanks for the response RobertEG. I'm confused even more now. I thought a string of lates drop-off the first month the string of lates started. If the account DOFD is the first late in the string and never brought current then the entire tradeline drops. But if, for example a closed account had a string of lates for months and then PIF then just the lates will be the bad and will drop off the 1st month in the string but account will not.

To be more specific on my girlfriends late bad. She had not pulled her reports for years. Pulled raw reports and one open account with OC is reporting lates since 9/13 on a instrument rental company (OC) I bet she forgot about - balance is only $54. I will ask het to pay it asap. On her EX the 48 month account history shows all 180 lates for every month except 4/15 and 10/16 - these show ND's.

The reason for my intial post question is if we PIF and close the account with all the lates in the string drop off 7 years from the first in 9/13?

Or because of the two ND's will they not be considered a complete string?

If thats the case how to get the ND's reported so there is a continious string and have all the lates drop at the same time?

Jan. 2017 Fico 8 - low 500's
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.