cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates fall off or wait for whole account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates fall off or wait for whole account?

I have an old paid off car loan with 3 90 days late on it from 2007, will these fall off individually for a score boost each month or do I need to wait for the entire account to fall off in order for my credit to improve? The actual loan wasn't paid off until 2010. Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lates fall off or wait for whole account?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an old paid off car loan with 3 90 days late on it from 2007, will these fall off individually for a score boost each month or do I need to wait for the entire account to fall off in order for my credit to improve? The actual loan wasn't paid off until 2010. Thanks!

Those lates will individually fall off at the 7 year mark, when the final one is gone the account becomes a positive and it will remain on file for up to 10 years post closure. 90 day or greater lates affect Fico the entire time they are on file, you will most likely not see a bump until the last one falls off.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lates fall off or wait for whole account?

A 30 or 60 must have fallen off then because I got a score watch saying there was a change of +15 and either a bad account fell off or a payment status was updated. Since I late 30-90 days for 12 months, I hopefully see a positive change every month! Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.