Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates from 2010 and 2011 on report; paid through BK13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates from 2010 and 2011 on report; paid through BK13

These were for student loans through Wells Fargo Educ.  I contacted them twice now...the first time I went through a questionaire of sorts with a rep to have the lates removed from reporting.  She verified the months/year etc and I thought that was that.  When I hadnt heard back in a bit, I called again.  I had the HARDEST time finding anyone that could even locate my accounts but after TWO days someone did.  Went through the entire thing again. 

They kept suggesting I was disputing the lates, but I kept telling them no, they were late, its just I wanted to inquire since it was so long ago, and they had been paid was there a way to have them removed.  Anyway I missed the call back, but the message was that they were sending out a letter.  I still havent received it, but its only been a week today since that call.

My question is does anyone know the odds of me getting these off?  Or am I probably just waiting for a letter to tell me no?  If these lates would come off, I would only then show 2 collections both PAID which would make my life in rebuilding a WHOLE lot easier...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lates from 2010 and 2011 on report; paid through BK13

If the student loans were federal, they are under a requirement in the Higher Education Act to report derogs to at least one CRA, so no, you would not see voluntary deletion from all CRAs.

If the student loans were private, then deletion would be voluntary.  However, the CRAs include in their credit reporting agreements specific instructions not to delete derogs based on the debt having been paid.  If they comply with their credit reporting agreements, then deletion would not be reported.

Anecdotal posts here in the forum seem to indicate that Wells Fargo is not generally very good-will friendly in deleting derogs

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lates from 2010 and 2011 on report; paid through BK13

@RobertEG wrote:

If the student loans were federal, they are under a requirement in the Higher Education Act to report derogs to at least one CRA, so no, you would not see voluntary deletion from all CRAs.

If the student loans were private, then deletion would be voluntary.  However, the CRAs include in their credit reporting agreements specific instructions not to delete derogs based on the debt having been paid.  If they comply with their credit reporting agreements, then deletion would not be reported.

Anecdotal posts here in the forum seem to indicate that Wells Fargo is not generally very good-will friendly in deleting derogs

Thanks for the response.  The first person I spoke with was SOOOO nice; I just got the vibe she was going to do whatever she could to help.  I just don't know what the 2nd person found out about the in process request.

I guess the good thing is the 2010 lates will be falling off due to time in the next year anyway.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.