Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lauren's Credit Journey

tag
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lauren's Credit Journey

Way to go!! Keep it up!! Good Luck!
NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 21 of 22
llauren321
Established Member

Re: Lauren's Credit Journey

Latest updates:

As the year comes to a close, I can look at what I think I did well and what I think i did not so well.

The GREAT news is, my credit score is currently up to 683!! That means I passed the SECOND goal of the year that I set for myself (originally I thought I could only get up to 670 and even that seemed like a pipe dream). I am so proud of this. I've worked realy hard to pay things on time, and to pay off my  own credit cards, so both of those things were definitely sucesses.

The 'not so successful' endeavours include my emergency fund, which was JUST depleted for a big car repair. I guess that is what emergency funds are for (so that I didn't have to put that on the credit cards), but it feels like I have to start from square one with that goal.

Also, though I paid down my own personal CC debt, we did not make as much improvement with my husband's. I'm actually not sure how far we got on them, but at some point this year when paying literally thousands of dollars to travel to family weddings (man, those are expensive...) we stopped putting in the huge payments for CCs. 

All this means is that I now have some new goals for a new year! They include re-upping the emergency fund, working hard on those CC debts, and I think my "end of year" 2014 goal is to crack the 700 score! It does feel like the higher I get in score, the slower the points are coming, but I didn't think i could make last years goal and I totally did so I'll aim high again.

Good luck to everyone else on your CC journey!

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.