Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Law Office Requested Employment Verification

tag
TFreshStart
Valued Member

Law Office Requested Employment Verification

My employer just notified me that a law office requested employment verification for me if reference to a 2009 judgment. What should I expect or do? My guess is they are attempting to garnish my wages.

An apartment complex won an default judgment against me for miscellaneous fees totaling $650. Im in Ohio if that makes a difference.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Law Office Requested Employment Verification

Is there a reason why you have not made arrangements to pay it? If they garnish your wages, you'd be paying it anyway.

Message 2 of 3
TFreshStart
Valued Member

Re: Law Office Requested Employment Verification

@ezdriver wrote:

Is there a reason why you have not made arrangements to pay it? If they garnish your wages, you'd be paying it anyway.

I actually just started taking my credit seriously after having a hard time being approved for an auto loan. I was young and made some very stupid mistakes. In all honesty I planned to pay it off with this years tax return, they just beat me to it. The judgement was for a stupid reason, cleaning up apartment (I left a dressor) I should have fought it before it got this far. Again young and dumb. Lesson leaned the hard way.

I called the number listed on the form I got from HR. I have set up payment arrangements with the law office, I still plan to just pay it when I get my tax return but setting up payment arrangement stopped them from attempting to garnish my checks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.