cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lawsuit - CRA Dispute - 623 - Newbie Help

tag
Subbrz

Lawsuit - CRA Dispute - 623 - Newbie Help

I have 6 credit cards that are "Charged-Off" now. They show up as Negative.

4 of them sued me in my local court - I checked online records - but I have not been served for any (so far haha) - two of them active, two are Dismissed without prejudice.

I never received / answered (I wasn't in the country) any phone calls or letters from the creditors or collection agencies, or disputed anything.

Now I'm back in the scene, I would like to go and take the proper route to dispute / possibly remove baddies from my report.

First delinquincies are around Nov-Dec of 2014 in all of them.

The route I'm considering;

1) File dispute with all CRAs for the accounts and see if they will verify.

2) Send 623 letters to the creditors.

3) Two credit cards are very low balance (below $500) - I'm willing to pay but I want the negative removed from my history. Deal with the creditor directly? Send pay to delete letter?  Would they accept a settlement for "Pay for delete"? Or it has to be the full amount?

Please consider all of this and keep in mind 4 of them sued me in civil court already.

Any opinions are welcome. Thank you for reading.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lawsuit - CRA Dispute - 623 - Newbie Help

In order to dispute, you need a basis for asserting a specific inaccuracy in their reporting.

What is the specific inaccuracy in their reporting that would be the basis for your dispute, and what is your documentation in support of your assertion/

If you do have adequate basis for a dispute of accuracy of reported information, you do not file both a dispute with the CRA and a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).

You choose one or the other.

Either way, the dispute ultimately gets to the furnisher (creditor or debt collector) who must then investigate.

The difference is that if you dispute via a CRA, the CRA then refers to the furnisher, the furnisher resonds back to the CRA, and the CRA then sends their Notice of Results to you.  If you file a direct dispute, you send it directly to the furnisher, and the furnisher responde directly to you.  The CRA is thus not involved in the process.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.