Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lawsuit by Capital One

tag
Mgilbert8605
Regular Contributor

Re: Lawsuit by Capital One

No judgements have been filed against me yet. I’m waiting to be served papers (or at least I assume that’s how this works). Also, settlements for any debts that I have (there are other credit card companies that I should settle with before it gets to my point with Cap1), I file on my taxes? Good to know. Thanks for that. I’m really wondering if I should just file for bankruptcy. In total, I have 30-35k in debt with various credit card companies. I’m not sure how much I can reduce that debt down to.
Message 11 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes if they have not gone to court yet you can sometimes settle for less however if you have that much debt you can always consult a BK attorney for a free consult regarding BK.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 14
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

ace:  Cap One came after my sister for under 1500.  Since my Mom has the same name, she called and settled with the attorney.  I *think* she settled for about 1200.  

Message 13 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Capital one is notorious for suing and getting a judgement and garnishing wages.  Been there done that 😯

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.