Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the Garden for Walmart

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Left the Garden for Walmart

So I was staying in the garden to grow my trade lines but I had to make a large purchase from Walmart and wanted their $50 sign up bonus plus I've heard they give good CLI's (right?)

So I app'd online tried the SCT but it didn't work maybe it takes time? And was instantly approved for a $900 SL.

Minutes later got a notification from CreditWise new activity and sure enough a HP.

But $900 starting is good for me at the start of this year my scores were low 500's now they're about 650 and up! You can always rebound it just takes time, a little money and patience.

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Left the Garden for Walmart

Congrats!!!
Message 2 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Another good thing about having a Walmart card is that it gives you a Fico 08 TU score
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any downsides to the Walmart Credit Card?
Message 4 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

To me the only downside it that purchases take 2-3 days to post and the payments take about the same time to clear. The payment will show as paid on the day you paid, but not until after it clears. Also, just so you know, the statement won't cut until 7 days after the due date.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you usually do them in store or online or can you do both?

Thanks for the info!
Message 6 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You can do both but I usually do it online when I have a few minutes to spare
Message 7 of 18
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I was staying in the garden to grow my trade lines but I had to make a large purchase from Walmart and wanted their $50 sign up bonus plus I've heard they give good CLI's (right?)

So I app'd online tried the SCT but it didn't work maybe it takes time? And was instantly approved for a $900 SL.

Minutes later got a notification from CreditWise new activity and sure enough a HP.

But $900 starting is good for me at the start of this year my scores were low 500's now they're about 650 and up! You can always rebound it just takes time, a little money and patience.

I'm confused did you use the SCT?  What was your score when they pulled it?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is $900 a good SL or not really?
Message 9 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

To me it is. Hubby started with 150, mom and I started with 400. Hubby and I both have 6000 now, mom has 10,000. It'll grow fast
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.