Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal Questions

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Legal Questions

it couldnt hurt - if they attacked you together, then why would it make sense for them just to remove yours and not his? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 11 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I was going to say that bc they are violating FDCPA by putting his records on my report, but I guess they are doing that to him, too, by putting mine on his.

This is my big question - Is it a violation for them to put the spouses medical collections on the other spouse?  I know they list them as "joint" accounts - which they weren't.

You're right, Benjamin.  I'm going to request they delete all for both of us.  Wish me luck.  I doubt they are going to follow through.  I do have an outstanding EQ dispute that I'm hoping will still work.  Don't think I have a chance. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 12 of 14
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

You wont know if you have a chance if you dont try.

If they arent joint accounts, simply dispute this as not mine.....

If you two did have the same insurance though, i believe you both are liable. 

If it is true that everything has been discharged (not sure if thats the right word) by a judge then they should report appropriately....

As far as whats appropriate, is the question here.....

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 13 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I've disputed as not mine.  I've sent EQ and EX statements from the CA that shows they are INDIVIDUAL accounts under his name.  EQ and EX refuses to use the information I have provided. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.