tag
rbon
New Contributor

Re: Legal case not showing paid off

@rbon wrote:

@rbon wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@rbon wrote:

Grr, I checked online today, it says my dispute was completed and ready. They didn't change anything on the credit report and it still just shows the full amount and not satisfied or anything like that!!

And you gave them the info it was satisfied and it shows as satisfied on court records..... file CFPB complaint against the CRA with removal as remedy for the complaint, they had their chance. FYI: The court doesnt verify anything the scumbags the CRA hires to gather the info does, getting the name out of the CRA to file charges on them for verifying false info is near impossible...

Yes, I gave them the information from the court that it was satisfied. Thanks so much for the advice. I will work on the CFPB complaint today. Sorry I didn't see this 3 weeks ago when you responded!

I went online and filed this morning (I was at work yesterday when I replied and didn't have paperwork to scan). It was super easy. I just entered my dispute number, who it was with, explained the info, scanned all the paperwork I had (the original report showing incorrect information, the paperwork I faxed them with proof from county court that it was satisfied, the original fax confimation, and the generic letter back from EF) and then as you suggested in remedy put that since they failed to correct the information with my original request, that I would like the item removed. I submitted it and within 8 minutes, received a confirmation back from the CFPB that they are forwarding to Equifax and should have an answer within 15 days. 

I wish I would have read the thread 3 weeks earlier! Thanks again!

Frustrated. I got a response from CPFB that Equifax had a response and was working on it. Look at the status and it says they reopened an investigation and they would report back in 60 days! Grr. I could've done that directly with Equifax!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.