Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal papers for Dental bill!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Legal papers for Dental bill!!

HELP!!  I just got served papers for a 5 year old bill for a dentist visit I never paid in full. They are seeking the amount due, plus 12% interest, and legal fees. What should I do?!?! I'm afraid this $200 dentist visit is gonna turn into a $1000 bill. please advise!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Legal papers for Dental bill!!

@Anonymous wrote:

HELP!!  I just got served papers for a 5 year old bill for a dentist visit I never paid in full. They are seeking the amount due, plus 12% interest, and legal fees. What should I do?!?! I'm afraid this $200 dentist visit is gonna turn into a $1000 bill. please advise!

Can they still get a successful judgment?? I would first check what your states SOL is. I would also verify with the courthouse its a valid suit and not one from a bogus JDB operation. If it is valid and SOL has not passed then I suggest you settle it before it goes to court or you will be dealing with the judgment PR on your CR for the next 7 years. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Legal papers for Dental bill!!

Additionaly, heed any time period for filing a response to the court........

If you can afford to do so, I would hire an attorney to ensure you comply with all requirments.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.