cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal papers for Dental bill!!

Legal papers for Dental bill!!

HELP!!  I just got served papers for a 5 year old bill for a dentist visit I never paid in full. They are seeking the amount due, plus 12% interest, and legal fees. What should I do?!?! I'm afraid this $200 dentist visit is gonna turn into a $1000 bill. please advise!

01/15: Experian- 570 Equifax-550 Transunion-553
03/15 Experian-617 Equifax-592 Transunion-616
Goal: All above 700

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES

Re: Legal papers for Dental bill!!

jangles788 wrote:

HELP!!  I just got served papers for a 5 year old bill for a dentist visit I never paid in full. They are seeking the amount due, plus 12% interest, and legal fees. What should I do?!?! I'm afraid this $200 dentist visit is gonna turn into a $1000 bill. please advise!

Can they still get a successful judgment?? I would first check what your states SOL is. I would also verify with the courthouse its a valid suit and not one from a bogus JDB operation. If it is valid and SOL has not passed then I suggest you settle it before it goes to court or you will be dealing with the judgment PR on your CR for the next 7 years. Good luck Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Message 2 of 3
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

Re: Legal papers for Dental bill!!

Additionaly, heed any time period for filing a response to the court........

If you can afford to do so, I would hire an attorney to ensure you comply with all requirments.

Message 3 of 3